Seeking new talented instructors to join PDI
The Professional Development Institute (PDI) provides recognized career learning to tens of thousands of decision makers and professionals at all levels in the public service and the private sector to advance their knowledge and expertise.
Our experienced instructors are content and industry experts in their field and are trained to meet the specific needs of adult learners. They develop and deliver their own content and material and are hired for individual workshops and programs (contractors), not as full-time employees.
Our workshops are aimed at professionals looking for continuing education to help meet their learning and development objectives, and for tools they can bring back to their daily professions.
Are you passionate about sharing knowledge and helping others reach their professional goals? Do you have experience in developing and delivering content? Can you complement our existing portfolio of topics? If so, PDI is a leader in professional learning and is currently seeking new instructors to join its team.
Current openings and opportunities
PDI is recruiting exceptional instructors with the skillset to develop and deliver their workshops, courses or programs face-to-face, live online (synchronous), asynchronously (self-directed) and via blended training. More specifically, we are looking for workshops that complement our existing portfolio of offerings and do not duplicate current topics. We encourage you to explore our offerings and to specify the workshops that you are interested in developing and delivering when applying.
We look forward to hearing from you! Complete the application form and attach your resume (four pages maximum) and cover letter:
You may also contact us via e-mail at: PDInstitute@uOttawa.ca or by mail to the following address if you have any specific questions:
Professional Development Institute
University of Ottawa
55 Laurier Avenue East, 12th floor
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
Criteria to become a PDI instructor
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the chosen professional subject areas
- Knowledge of public service and private sector challenges and realities
- Experience delivering training effectively to adult learners
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enthusiasm and motivation to share knowledge and best practices
- Bilingualism is an asset
Benefits of being a PDI instructor
- Turnkey facilitation including professional administrative, marketing and sales services to successfully launch and deliver your programs and workshops
- Deliver face-to-face workshops in our modern, bright training facility, centrally located just steps away from many government buildings and Parliament Hill
- Deliver distance-based courses in the comfort of your own home, office or surroundings
- Receive a competitive honorarium
- Join an experienced team of instructors and peers
- Enhance your professional reputation and credibility by teaching at an internationally recognized university