This program is currently full. Please sign up for our waiting list to receive timely information regarding upcoming sessions.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), in collaboration with the University of Ottawa Professional Development Institute, has developed the AWS DigiGov, a 2-day pilot program offered at no cost. The AWS DigiGov program will equip government on how to leverage the cloud to deliver user centric digital services to Canadians.
When: November 19 & 20, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Where: Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Avenue East, 12th Floor, Room 12102
This 2-day session is designed for government professionals wishing to learn about:
- cloud computing concepts,
- the cloud value proposition,
- use cases and
- different services available through the AWS cloud.
Specific topics include:
- AWS Cloud concepts and basic global infrastructure
- The AWS Cloud value proposition
- The key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases
- Basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Billing, account management, and pricing models
- Sources of documentation or technical assistance
- Core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
This program is intended for government professionals who seek an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud, independent of specific technical roles. It provides a detailed overview of cloud concepts, AWS services, security, architecture, pricing, and support. This opportunity serve the learning needs of managers and non-managers at both the business and technical levels.
Jonathan Dion is a senior technical instructor that has been working for Amazon Web Services (AWS) for over 2 years. Prior to teaching and lecturing for AWS customers, Jonathan was part of the Solutions Architect team and decided to become a technical instructor to share his passion for AWS and technology. Previously, he worked on major projects for a service provider where he was a systems design architect. Subsequently, he became a Solutions Architect for a reseller in their professional services team where he worked for more than 100 clients on both traditional and cloud IT infrastructure projects.