In this Morning Brief the SET Program Director, Phil Gurski, will present the main findings of his latest (6th) book on terrorism, The Peaceable Kingdom?: A History of Terrorism in Canada from Confederation to the Present.
Morning Brief Event Details:
Date: February 25, 2021
Time: 9:00 am – 10:00 am
Where: Live online event (registrants will receive details via email)
In this latest #uOttSET Morning Brief participants will discover:
- How far back terrorism goes in Canadian history,
- The major trends in terrorism in Canada,
- The agencies responsible for countering terrorism,
- The challenges faced by these agencies, and
- Most importantly, the insights, based on experience, of the men and women working in counter terrorism.
Email Reminder Date:
Phil Gurski is the Program Director for the Security, Economics and Technology (SET) hub at the University of Ottawa’s Professional Development Institute (PDI) and the President and CEO of Borealis Threat and Risk Consulting Ltd. He worked as a senior strategic analyst at the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) from 2001-2015, specializing in violent Islamist-inspired homegrown terrorism and radicalisation. He is the author of five previous books on terrorism.