Enhancing Adaptive Leadership Through Integral Awareness
In a fragmented and increasingly polarized world, effective leadership in today’s complex environments requires leaders with integral awareness with its heightened capacities for integration, collaboration, and creativity.
This course accelerates the participant’s journey toward Integral Awareness. Utilizing an Integral-holistic change model, participants are offered a step-by-step pathway toward creating powerful change in their professional lives through:
- Waking up: increasing awareness opens pathways for new choices, strategies & actions.
- Cleaning up: making friends with your demons and shadows and cleaning out your closets opens pathways increasing your energy for growth.
- Growing up: with the increasing awareness and energy provided by Waking up and Cleaning up, you can create your own path toward greater perspective-taking, a wider range of appropriate choices in VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) environments engaging complex issues.
At the end of this module and when leading within volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environments, participants will be able to:
- Discuss and apply 2 key elements an integral/AQAL approach to professional situations
- Describe and discuss the characteristics of integral awareness
- Describe and discuss the characteristics of adaptive leadership
- Apply the Integral Immunity to Change Process to design and execute an adaptive change in my leadership action
Discuss and apply 2 key elements an integral/AQAL approach to professional situations
Describe and discuss the characteristics of integral awareness
Describe and discuss the characteristics of adaptive leadership
Apply the Integral Immunity to Change Process to design and execute an adaptive change in my leadership action
- This course will be of high value to mid-level and senior public servants, military leaders, civil society organizations, and graduate students in relevant fields. It also has value for formal and informal leaders who desire to weave an integral approach into their leadership practices.
Richard McGuigan, PhD is an adult developmental psychologist, integral philosopher and scholar practitioner in the conflict resolution field. He is an expert in multi-party consensus building with 30 years’ experience, he has contributed to numerous public policy initiatives at Canadian federal, provincial and municipal levels and has led many complex problem solving processes involving multi-stakeholder input in the natural resource sector, especially those involving resource access conflicts with Canada’s indigenous people. He coauthored, with Dr. Nancy Popp, Integral Conflict: the New Science of Conflict. His current areas of academic interest and research focus on integral consciousness.
Select a session
Scholarships are now available for students registering to the Integrative Peacebuilding and Complex Global Challenges Program. Please download and fill out the form below and send it to PDInstitute@uOttawa.ca to apply!