According to psychologist William James, “genius is nothing but a power of sustained attention.” In this course, participants will unlock their inner geniuses with exercises designed to maintain clarity, create “flow,” and nurture high-performance. We will cover many approaches, including the counterintuitive tactics of “anti-goals” and “not-to-do lists,” deliberate-practice techniques of Olympic athletes, brief guided “mini-meditations” favored by Silicon Valley entrepreneurs, and mental frameworks of military generals and Nobel Laureates. Focusing is a skill that can be trained with personalized strategies to build confidence and reduce anxiety.
- Making the most of your time at home and at work
- Strengthening your focusing “muscles” to avoid distraction
- Planning and controlling your environment to maximize focus
- Collaborating and prioritizing under pressure
- Facilitating proactive responses to emerging issues
- Mastering the principles of Attention Economics
- Why productive focus ranks among the most important success factors
- The pitfalls of continuous partial attention
- Anyone who wants to improve their efficiency when working on tasks and projects.
Arthur Thuot is the facilitator at StoryCorp, a company that delivers storytelling workshops to business and government. Previously, he served as a project director for a media agency in Europe, Latin America, and Asia-Pacific. He holds an MFA from the University of Florida and an HBA from the Ivey Business School at Western University.
Select a session
Our courses and certificate programs, delivered exclusively to your employees, offer different levels of training customization to meet your organization’s specific requirements.
To discuss your training needs, please click here to submit a request for a group training.