Today’s workplace is very different from that of even a decade ago. Teams may now work together yet never meet, and the typical distribution of authority has changed. Complex new tools are brought into play at a hectic pace, and huge amounts of data are gathered and need to be analyzed and managed in an effective way.
The strength of our project management program is its practical, real-world – today’s world – approach. Our portfolio of project management workshops shows breadth, depth, and responsiveness to current needs. Participants take away practical tools they can apply immediately to their daily jobs and become better project managers.
The Professional Development Institute of the University of Ottawa offers Project Management Courses in the following two categories:
As a Global level Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) with the Project Management Institute, the University of Ottawa’s Professional Development Institute issues professional development units (PDUs) for all the certified courses of its project management portfolio.
See below for the complete course list.
The PRINCE2 methodology is a structured project management method that guides individuals and organizations through the essentials for running a successful project, regardless of type or scale. It provides a “How To” guide to manage effective project
*PMI is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
*PRINCE2 is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of Axelos Limited. All rights reserved.
- The Accidental Project Manager
- Comprehensive Project Management Basics
- Agile Project Management
- Effective Management of Project Stakeholders
- Working in Project Teams
- Producing Results Without Authority
- Human Resource Project Management
- Project Communication: Driving Integration and Boosting Results
- Requirements Gathering
- Advanced Project Management: Focus on Scheduling
- Project Management and Organizational Change
- Multiple Project Simulation (Matrix Environment)
- Project Monitoring and Controlling
- Risk Management
- Results-based Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Governance
- Project Procurement Management
- Developing an Effective Project Business Case
- Mastering Microsoft Project
- PMP® Exam Prep
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam Prep
Business Process Improvement
- Business Process Improvement: An Introduction
- Business Process Improvement for Personal Efficiency
- Business Process Improvement for Problem Solving
- Business Process Improvement for Project Champions
Advanced Project Management Certificate
The certificate's curriculum will provide you with essential tools, frameworks and models to integrate strategy and plans for a strong execution of any project.
It includes case studies, simulations, practical application, engaging learning opportunities and a chance to network face-to-face with others in the field.
Registered Education Provider
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the
Project Management Institute, Inc.
Accredited Training Organization
PRINCE2 is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under
permission of Axelos Limited. All rights reserved.