Application Process & Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to apply?
How will I know if my application is accepted?
The University of Ottawa will review all applications in partnership with community development offices. Successful applicants will be notified.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
Payment of registration fees
Participants will be asked to provide either full payment of $5,100 plus HST upon receipt of the invoice but no later than TBD or;
Payment installment of $2,550.00 plus HST upon receipt of the invoice but no later than TBD, followed by a second payment of $2,550.00 plus HST. If such an arrangement is made with the Professional Development Institute, the remaining balance will be due on April 2, 2021.
Withdrawal from the Program
Withdrawal from the program must be provided in writing at PDInstitute@uOttawa.ca with a copy to the departmental sponsor.
An organization may submit the name of another candidate as a replacement, before the program start date. The proposed new candidate’s profile will be evaluated by the Program Director.
The program begins on TBD. Candidates who withdraw their application before TBD will get a full refund. Candidates who withdraw their application after TBD, 2020, but before the start date of the program will be charged a $950 administrative fee.
Candidates who withdraw from the program after the start of the program owill have to pay the entire fee, regardless of the payment schedule selected.
Who should apply?
- Individuals with strong technical skills in their respective fields.
- EX 1s and EX minus 1s identified via the talent management process as ready for promotion.
- Individuals working within Internal Audit, Procurement, Real Property, and Project Management.
What criteria are used to evaluate the applicants?
The program seeks professionals who demonstrate the potential to rise through the ranks and eventually serve as a CAE/CFO/Senior Director Procurement or Real Property in government or in a medium to large private sector organization. In addition to being technically proficient in their current field, ideal candidates will have acquired experience in the following:
- Providing advice and recommendations to senior management;
- Managing a unit and supervising a team;
- Establishing and maintaining working relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Making presentations to a senior committee.
- Preference may be given to individuals who have been identified as ready for promotion and who hold, or are in the process of obtaining, a professional designation or certification as required by their functional community.
- The Professional Development Institute reserves the right to select candidates in order to ensure sufficient diversity and representation.
Can more than one person apply from a particular department or office?
Can I sign up for one or more workshops?
No. The program is comprehensive and is delivered to a cohort of students.
What if I have other questions?
You can email the Institute at PDInstitute@uOttawa.ca or call us at 613-562-5802.