The Institute offers a unique professional development program that weaves Lean, Six Sigma, Constraint Theory and Deliverology into a Business Process Improvement (BPI) Certificate combining knowledge with innovative ways of thinking and doing business, so that you can apply both to real-world situations and achieve results.
Focusing on clients’ needs, this approach uses data-driven tools, team-based decision making and rigorous methodology to solve problems related to quality, time, cost, waste and value, ensuring both efficiency and effectiveness. You will learn how to streamline processes, improve business performance and supercharge your career.
- Certificate Requirements
- Key Outcomes
- Other Information
- Business Process Improvement – Problem Solving Tools
- Business Process Improvement - Process Mapping
- Creativity and Innovation
- Critical Thinking: Effective Exploration of Alternative Solutions
- Effective Management of Project Stakeholders
- Leading Teams
- Active Motivation
- Producing Results Without Authority
- Sharing Knowledge Inside Your Organization
- Visual Management for Working Teams
The Business Process Improvement Certificate requires four core courses and one elective course.
- This certificate grants you the professional credential of the University of Ottawa’s Professional Development Institute's Certificate in Business Process Improvement (CBPI) which may be used on business cards and resumes.
- In addition to greater professional mobility, you'll earn Professional Development Units (PDUs) for each core course taken to gain or maintain your certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP®).
Will I received professional development units?
The University of Ottawa’s Institute is a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Registered Education Provider and has been approved by PMI to issue professional development units (PDUs)® for all of its project management training courses.
Professional Development Units are allocated according to the number of training hours completed by the student and may be granted by increments of 0.25 PDU for each 15 minutes of training. The Certificate in Business Process Improvement will be given to students who attend a minimum of 90% of all required and elective courses.
How much does it cost?
You register and pay for each workshop individually. There is no additional charge for the certificate.
How long will the program take?
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate program. Provided you complete all courses within three years, you can pace your learning as you wish.
Is there a final exam?
No. However, participants must fully attend all courses of the program in order to obtain the certificate.
Are there any admission requirements?
No. Enrollment is open to everyone.
How do I register for the program?
Begin by registering to the course Business Process Improvement: An Introduction as it is a prerequisite to the other compulsory courses. You will be asked for proof of completion of the required courses, so make sure you keep your certificates from each course. If you have any questions before beginning or as you progress through the program, contact the office at 613-562-5802
The certificate's core courses are recognized by the Project Management Institute (PMI) ®.
They count towards the PDUs (Professional Development Units) / contact hours required to attain or maintain Project Management Professional (PMP) ® or another PMI designation.