A unique program that combines information and cyber security technical skills with communication, management and leadership skills.
This program provides ground-up coverage of concepts, skills, tools, techniques, and real-world best practices in information and cyber security. Led by industry experts, the courses are thought-provoking and will help you navigate, communicate and address the risks and challenges of highly complex and diverse information and cyber security systems.
- Certificate Requirements
- Key Outcomes
- Other Information
- Introduction to Information and Cyber Security Challenges
- Foundation in Information and Cyber Security Solutions
- The Implementation and Management of Information and Cyber Security Systems
- The Business Case for Information and Cyber Security
- Cyber Security Bodies of Knowledge, Regulations, Standards and Compliance
Graduates of the certificate program must complete the 5 core courses in information and cyber security as well as 3 electives courses from the list.
This advanced certificate will help you develop valuable skills in leadership, management and communication of:
- Evaluating the security infrastructure and needs of an organization
- Assessing critical information management and protection policies and processes
- Identifying internal and external risks, threats, actors, landscapes, surfaces with effective response and defence solutions
- Software and services selection from the front line to the Security Operation Centre (SOC)
- Developing effective short-term and long-term information and cyber security strategies
- Designing business cases for information and cyber security solutions
What is the certificate good for?
The certificate assures employers and potential employers that you have met or exceeded the standard they are looking for and are committed to continuous learning. The certificate is issued by the Professional Development Institute, a trusted training provider preferred by many federal government departments as well as public and private sector organizations. The Institute wins respect and acclaim for its cutting-edge learning programs, the exceptional calibre of its trainers, and its real-world focus.
The certificate program is a non-credited certification. It cannot be used towards a degree and is not equivalent to any other professional certification.
How much does it cost?
You register and pay for each course individually. There is no additional charge for the certificate.
How long will the program take?
You have three years from the start date of your first course to complete the certificate program. Provided you complete all courses within three years, you can pace your learning as you wish.
Is there a final exam?
No. However, participants must fully attend all courses of the program in order to obtain the certificate.
Are there any admission requirements?
No. Enrollment is open to everyone.
How do I register for the program?
Begin by registering for any of the courses that make up the program. You will be asked for proof of completion of the required courses, so make sure you keep your certificates from each course. If you have any questions before beginning or as you progress through the program, contact the office at 613-562-5802
Explore our student profiles and career goals curriculum map to establish your personalized learning pathway.