Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
Youth Radicalization, Disinformation and Grooming In Times of Crisis
Dates: October 19, 2020 4:00pm - 5:35pm
Part of a National Webinar Series in partnership with Rutgers University, PDI examines radicalization groups that appear more eager than ever to seize on the vulnerabilities of youth in this time of pandemic. They range from white supremacists and anti-vaxxers in the U.S. to fascist and anti-refugee groups across Europe. Not all online groups peddling messages on the pandemic have links to the far right, but those extremists have become especially vocal in using the outbreak to push their political agenda where some are calling for violence, specifically at a time of deepening public uncertainty and economic trauma.
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series: Summit 1 Cyber Security
Dates: October 20, 2020 8:00am - 8:00pm
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series is a sequence of three events. This summit will provide an outlook on what security leads in the Canadian Public Sector are working on to protect data and enable digital services. DisGovr is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly supports a curated selection of targeted events of interest to PDI participants.
Improving the use of IoT in the Public Sector: Virtual Event
Dates: October 20, 2020 12:00pm - 2:05pm
Bettering Public Sector services, creating smarter infrastructure and enhancing liveability and safety through leverating the Internet of Things (IoT). The Public Sector Network is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly supports a curated selection of targeted PSN events of interest to PDI participants.
Re-imagining Public Sector Finance: Virtual Event
Dates: October 27, 2020 12:00pm - 2:10pm
The role of the CFO and finance function is evolving. With a bird’s eye view of the entire Agency, finance sits in a very strategic place at the heart of decision making. This session explores the most successful cases of where Canadian Government departments and agencies have been successful in driving forward efficiencies, cost savings and transformation. The Public Sector Network is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly to supports a curated selection of targeted PSN events of interest to PDI participant.
China's Technology Development Agenda: Implications for Canada - Morning Brief
Dates: November 06, 2020 9:00am - 10:00am
Join Margaret McCuaig-Johnston at the latest upcoming SET morning brief on November 6th, as she examines trends in China’s innovation system and technology development relating them to current, emerging threats for western companies and researchers partnering with counterparts in China.
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series: Summit 2 Digital Services Transformation
Dates: November 10, 2020 8:00am - 8:00pm
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series is a sequence of three events. This summit highlights the digital strategies of individual jurisdictions with an emphasis on Canadian municipalities. DisGovr is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly supports a curated selection of targeted events of interest to PDI participants.
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series: Summit 3 Big Data & Artificial Intelligence
Dates: December 3, 2020 8:00am - 8:00pm
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series is a sequence of three events. This final summit in this series of three focuses on the major Data and AI strategies and projects within the Canadian Public Sector. DisGovr is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly supports a curated selection of targeted events of interest to PDI participants.
Beyond Project Management: Harvesting Value from Your Organizational Investments
**LIVE DIGITAL EVENT**
Dates: January 13, 2021 9:00am - 10:00am
Why do some investments succeed (CERB) and others fail (Phoenix) despite the application of good project management? What can leaders do to ensure that organizational investments actually produce real value? Attend this brief online webinar to find solutions and ensure your project realises it's value!
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing
- The Cyber Collaboration Imperative
- GovTech Breakfast with ThinkOn
- DisGovr GovTech Summit and Expo
- Future Risks for National Security: The Dutch Perspective
- The Prime Ministers Series 2020
- Threat in the Time of Pandemic
- The Outsider Among Us