Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
**LIVE DIGITAL EVENT.**
Dates: September 9, 2020 9:00am - 10:00am
Why do some investments succeed (CERB) and others fail (Phoenix) despite the application of good project management? What can leaders do to ensure that organizational investments actually produce real value? Attend this brief online webinar to find solutions and ensure your project realises it's value!
Disruption Series Launch: The Challenge of Disinformation
**This event is postponed. A new date will be confirmed shortly.**
Where: Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Avenue East, 12th floor, room 12102
In a partnership that includes international experts from Washington, DC, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, among others, PDI is proud to launch a transnational initiative on disinformation and the surge in calls to violence on social media and across the internet. This inaugural session features experts in a deep dive in to the importance of the growing phenomenon of disinformation, its challenges, forecasting the risks ahead, and the necessary next steps in combatting its influence and impact.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing
- The Cyber Collaboration Imperative
- GovTech Breakfast with ThinkOn
- DisGovr GovTech Summit and Expo
- Future Risks for National Security: The Dutch Perspective
- The Prime Ministers Series 2020
- Threat in the Time of Pandemic
- The Outsider Among Us