Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
Future of our Planet - Sustainability Conclave
Date: January 28, 2021 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
A conclave of leaders share insights on the combined efforts required to tackle climate change and build a sustainable future. As we enter 2021 - "The Decade of Action" and the 5th anniversary of the Paris Agreement, leaders from government, business, international organizations and civil society must work together to advance sustainable development. A panel of experts share expertise on how to harness technology and collective action to accelerate the roadmap towards Net Zero emissions for companies as well as countries.
Closing the Skills Gap - Cloud Computing Launch Event
Date: January 28, 2021 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), in close partnership with Canada’s Centre of Excellence in Next Generation Networks (CENGN), is proud to launch cloud computing programming focused on ensuring technologists and digital management professionals upskill and preserve their leadership position at the cutting edge of cloud innovation.
The Peaceable Kingdom?: A History of Terrorism in Canada from Confederation to the Present - Morning Brief
Date: February 25, 2021 9:00 am - 10:00 am
Join February's Morning Brief to hear SET Program Director, Phil Gurski, present the main findings of his latest (6th) book on terrorism, The Peaceable Kingdom?: A History of Terrorism in Canada from Confederation to the Present.
Lessons Injustice: Screening and Discussion
Date: February 26, 2021 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
In association with UDOCS, and in conjunction with Black History month, PDI invites you to the screening of "Lessons Injustice" a HotDocs original documentary. The screening will be followed by a brief presentation by Marlon Hylton on the Black North initiative and by a panel discussion. This live engaging program on equality, diversity and inclusion will appeal to all professionals interested in better understanding the challenges faced by racialized individuals in Canada and improving their intercultural competencies to address issues of systemic racism in the professional workplace.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing
- The Cyber Collaboration Imperative
- GovTech Breakfast with ThinkOn
- DisGovr GovTech Summit and Expo
- Future Risks for National Security: The Dutch Perspective
- The Prime Ministers Series 2020
- Threat in the Time of Pandemic
- The Outsider Among Us
- Disinformation Campaigns 2.0 - The Next Generation
- Routledge Handbook of Deradicalization - Book Launch
- Why is Peace in Yemen Important to the World? Morning Brief