Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
**This event is NOW ONLINE. Please register using link.**
When: April 7, 2020
The Public Sector Network is an approved partner of the Institute. As such, PDI champions many events hosted by PSN which include leaders from across the Government of Canada and Ontario. This latest conference explores how technology and innovation can build a better Canada. Read more.
**The lunch and learn is postponed. A new date will be confirmed shortly.**
In the wake of the Arab Spring, the dreams of Yemeni people turned into a nightmare with a violent conflict that is entering its sixth year. The Yemeni state collapsed, leaving the ground for militant groups that turned the country into a ruin. Yemen has become a battle ground fueled by countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Qatar, Oman, and the USA; all striving to maintain and increase their influence in the region. Read more.
Disruption Series Launch: The Challenge of Disinformation
**This event is postponed. A new date will be confirmed shortly.**
Where: Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Avenue East, 12th floor, room 12102
In a partnership that includes international experts from Washington, DC, Sweden, and the United Kingdom, among others, PDI is proud to launch a transnational initiative on disinformation and the surge in calls to violence on social media and across the internet. This inaugural session features experts in a deep dive in to the importance of the growing phenomenon of disinformation, its challenges, forecasting the risks ahead, and the necessary next steps in combatting its influence and impact.
**This event is postponed. A new date in the fall 2020 will be confirmed shortly.**
An evening with Dominic Barton, Canada's Ambassador to the People's Republic of China. The dinner event will feature a talk by Ambassador Barton on Canada's Relationship with China: Promoting our Interests and Protecting our Values. Know more.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing
- The Cyber Collaboration Imperative
- GovTech Breakfast with ThinkOn
- DisGovr GovTech Summit and Expo
- Future Risks for National Security: The Dutch Perspective
- The Prime Ministers Series 2020