Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
Our featured expert events provide opportunities to build and strengthen key relationships and stay current as knowledge evolves and new trends emerge.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
Join the conversation online using:
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
The Prime Ministers Series 2020
When: March 3, 2020
Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
The Prime Ministers Series—a partnership between the University of Ottawa Professional Development Institute and the Canada School of Public Service—highlights transformative policy initiatives of Canadian prime ministers. The purpose of this annual day-long event is to inform, educate and inspire policy makers and public service leaders to conceive and deliver change. The series began in 2019 with the Right Honourable Brian Mulroney and the 2020 event will feature the Right Honourable Jean Chrétien.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019