Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
Disinformation Campaigns 2.0 - The Next Generation
Dates: December 2, 2020 11:00am - 13:00pm
Join PDI, Rutgers, PennState and the Institute for Futures Studies for a well-timed presentation, keynoted by retired Marine Corps Four Star General John R. Allen, President of The Brookings Institution, and joined by a world-class panel of experts who will provide insights into what the Next Generation of Disinformation Campaigns and actors will be.
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series: Summit 3 Big Data & Artificial Intelligence
Dates: December 3, 2020 8:00am - 8:00pm
The Canadian GovTech Summit Series is a sequence of three events. This final summit in this series of three focuses on the major Data and AI strategies and projects within the Canadian Public Sector. DisGovr is a preferred partner of PDI who proudly supports a curated selection of targeted events of interest to PDI participants.
Routledge Handbook of Deradicalization - Book Launch
Date: December 16, 2020, 9:00 to 10:00
North American launch of the Routledge Handbook on Deradicalization. Featuring authors from many countries, this book features contributions from academics and practitioners on what deradicalization of terrorists means and how to go about doing it.
Why is Peace in Yemen Important to the World? Morning Brief
Date: December 17, 2020, 9:00 to 10:00
Yemen is now experiencing one of the most tragic conflicts of our time. In the wake of the Arab Spring, the dreams of Yemeni people turned into a nightmare with a violent conflict that is entering its sixth year. The Yemeni state collapsed, leaving the ground for militant groups that turned the country into a ruin. Yemen has become a battle ground fueled by countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Qatar, Oman, and the USA; all striving to maintain and increase their influence in the region.
Beyond Project Management: Harvesting Value from Your Organizational Investments
Dates: January 13, 2021 9:00am - 10:00am
Why do some investments succeed (CERB) and others fail (Phoenix) despite the application of good project management? What can leaders do to ensure that organizational investments actually produce real value? Attend this brief online webinar to find solutions and ensure your project realises it's value!
Communication with Kidnappers: Morning Brief
Dates: January 14, 2021 9:00am - 10:30am
In this the first #uOttSET Morning Brief of 2021 aspects of communication with the kidnappers during a kidnap for ransom incident will be discussed. This brief introduces the Kidnap for Ransom Incident Management Learning program that will be launched later in January 2021.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing
- The Cyber Collaboration Imperative
- GovTech Breakfast with ThinkOn
- DisGovr GovTech Summit and Expo
- Future Risks for National Security: The Dutch Perspective
- The Prime Ministers Series 2020
- Threat in the Time of Pandemic
- The Outsider Among Us