Busy professionals keep their edge by regularly upgrading their knowledge, keeping up with the latest in best practices and adding new skills. To help, we are proud to offer networking events featuring national and international experts on current topics such as government, security and policy, leadership and other matters important to Canadians today.
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), a notable convener of the best experts from government, industry and academia, is pleased to host a variety of quality events.
To register, choose event and follow the online registration process.
When: February 25, 2019
Where: Ottawa Convention Centrel, 200 Conventry Rd, Ottawa, ON K1K 4SE
Featuring 30+ speakers with both international and local case studies, this business-critical conference will ensure you stay up to speed with the latest innovations in digital transformation, the future of work, process improvement and the latest tools and technologies. Back office transformation to create an interconnected organization will be a key focus area. Three key streams will be dedicated to People, Processes and Technology. Visit the exhibition and gain insights into leading-edge technology innovations for all levels of government. Plus, be sure to visit the GovHub offering practical demonstrations from across government departments. Use discount code <PDI50> for a 50% discount! Know more (external registration site)
The Prime Ministers Series 2020 (event page to come)
When: March 3, 2020
Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
The Prime Ministers Series—a partnership between the University of Ottawa Professional Development Institute and the Canada School of Public Service—highlights transformative policy initiatives of Canadian prime ministers. The purpose of this annual day-long event is to inform, educate and inspire policy makers and public service leaders to conceive and deliver change. The series began in 2019 with the Right Honourable Brian Mulroney and the 2020 event will feature the Right Honourable Jean Chrétien.
When: April 20, 21, 2020
Where: Ottawa Conference and Event Centre
As Canada progresses into the 21st Century its place in the world is increasingly dependent on security, economic strength and technological evolution. These issues are inseparable as Canada strives to keep pace with unfolding disruptive issues related to geopolitics, socioeconomics, the environment and cyber-information. Know more.
Past Conferences & Events
- Crisis Communications: Lessons from the Ottawa-Gatineau Tornadoes
- Anti-Corruption and Compliance: The Changing Landscape
- Readiness and Resilience in the Age of Disruption
- Integrative Peacebuilding - Program Launch
- AWS Digital Government (DigiGov) Program - Leveraging the Cloud for Digital Services
- Ready for November 1st:: A Primer on the Requirements and Impact of PIPEDA’s New Security Breach Notification Regime
- We Power Tech: Inclusive Conversations with Women in Technology
- Tackling Disruption: The CIO’s role in Driving Innovation and Digital Enablement
- From Marathon to Sprints – How Communicators can embrace the Agile methodology
- Future Proofing your Career as a Communicator
- Intelligent Automation - The next stage of transformation to address government's challenges
- Emotional connections and the emotional brain: How your audience's decisions are made with love not logic
- Inaugural GovTech Summit: Canadian Cyber Security
- AWS DigiGov: Leveraging the Cloud
- The Prime Ministers Series / La série des premiers ministres
- Maintaining Momentum: What it means to have a Cloud First Strategy
- Facing Changes in the Military While Respecting the Rule of Law: Emerging Responses and Legal Issues
- Future of Work Roadshow 2019
- Global Terrorism Index 2019 Briefing