You are usually selected as a project team member because you have the particular skills and expertise required to complete the project. Fulfilling your role includes successfully performing the tasks you have been allocated while keeping the project manager informed of progress, risks and problems.
Often you must work on the project on your own initiative in your role as an expert and manage your own day-to-day work. This course is designed to help you develop the skills you need to contribute effectively on a project team. We will:
- Define the key functions of a Group and a Team vis-à-vis a Project
- Consider the various roles a team can play within each Project Management stage
- Review Tuckman’s Team Development model as a Project Management tool
- Discuss the importance of strong Team Leadership vs Team Management within a Team setting
- Look at the various Roles and Responsibilities a Team needs to identify to be successful
- Look at the various areas of Expertise a team needs to be successful
- Consider where a Team fits in Big Picture of the Organizational Chart
- Discuss flawless Teamwork Steps, in addition to effective ways to create strong Team Collaboration
- Debate the use of a Team Manifesto
- Look at the Human Needs and Personalities that influence Team Success
- Learn the use of creating a Sense of Urgency and handle a Demanding Workload
- Discuss Team Conflict Resolution by turning it into Trust, Resilience and Results
- Celebrate by making a Plan
The information provided can be immediately applied to any project in any industry or organization.
This course can provide up to 6 PDUs / contact hours towards attaining or maintaining the Project Management Professional (PMP)® designation. Participants must submit the request to PMI via the Continuing Certification Requirements System (CCRS).
Professional Development Units are allocated according to the number of training hours completed by the student and may be granted by increments of 0.25 PDU for each 15 minutes of training. A participation certificate will be given to students who attend a minimum of 75% of the course.